About Us :
Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients' overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.
Over 80 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. Our team of 550 staff see clients physically and virtually from our downtown Toronto location.
Medcan's Human Resources department is looking for an Internal Communications Coordinator to join the team for a short-term assignment. This role will conduct research into best practices and digital applications for internal communications for workforces where there is a mix of onsite and remote employees. The purpose of the project will be to promote greater employee engagement and create a comprehensive annual internal communications plan that reflects Medcan's values and brand.
- Research best practices for internal communications for a workforce with a mix of onsite and remote employees
- Collaborate with HR to develop and execute a communication strategy and support key HR priorities and initiatives
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees, leveraging digital applications
- Assist the Chief Talent Officer in planning, editing, and writing content for internal communications
- Create a comprehensive annual internal communications plan reflecting Medcan's values, voice, and brand
- Research and execute initiatives to promote greater employee engagements, working cross-divisionally with department heads
The Requirements :
- Minimum of 2-3 years of internal communications experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Marketing, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and be proactive
- Prior experience in building annual communication plans is an asset
This is a short-term (10 weeks) full-time contract opportunity. Due to COVID-19, this role will require you to work mostly, if not exclusively, remotely.
In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with Medcan and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.