The City of St. Albert, home to more than 66,000 residents, is a beautiful growing community adjacent to northwest Edmonton. Known as the Botanical Arts City, St. Albert offers more than 80 kilometers of trails, 400 hectares of green space, state of the art recreation facilities, the renowned Arden Theatre, and hosts numerous special events and festivals, including the International Children's Festival. In recent years, St. Albert has ranked at the top of a number of national surveys recognizing us as a great place to raise a family, with an excellent quality of life and a strong sense of community. Our employees are passionate about delivering high-quality programs and services to our residents and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
Our Community Services department is recruiting for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join their team for a term assignment beginning in August.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communication Supervisor, the Coordinator will develop and coordinate internal and external communications activities including, but not limited to, departmental media relations, City of St. Albert Community Services website areas, social media, and digital and written communications. The Coordinator is also responsible for promoting programs, services, amenities, events and activities for the department through various marketing and advertising activities.
This position requires an understanding and knowledge of marketing communications processes in the private or public sector, including writing, editing, print production, print advertising, media buying, internal communications, media relations, stakeholder relations and events coordination. Knowledge of content management systems for websites, mobile applications and emerging trends in electronic communication is necessary. The individual we are looking for has strong interpersonal skills and will provide exceptional client service. Someone with good analytical and organization skills will be a great fit for this position.
- Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and/or Arts and Cultural Management. An undergraduate degree is preferred.
- 3 years of professional experience in communications or marketing. Prior experience with an arts and cultural organization is an asset.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with desktop publishing and website content management, Adobe designer suite, and social media applications would be assets.
- Experience with operating a digital SLR camera and digital video camera.
- Class 5 Driver's Licence and the use of a personal vehicle for work use is required.
Hours of Work:
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks).
- $3,103.33 semi-monthly. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package.
August 2020 to on or before May 21, 2021.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to express interest in this opportunity.
- Applications will only be accepted to 10:00 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time) on the closing date.
- This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions.
- Please note that the City will be conducting video conference or phone interviews to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A Class 5 driver's license and personal vehicle are required for this role.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post.