WHO YOU ARE:
You are a strategic and purposeful communications leader, with a business mindset, high standards of excellence, and a desire to help others deliver a compelling narrative. As a senior leader, you are skilled at advising leaders on modern communications methods, passionate about editorial planning and writing, and committed to coaching and developing others to deliver powerful communications across a complex stakeholder environment. With experience in corporate, executive, and internal communications, you will help strengthen key strategic relationships and proactively manage the reputation of a top brand. If you are excited about the opportunity to enhance the success of one of Canada's most prestigious business schools, and work alongside the brightest staff, students and globally recognized faculty, then this is the place for you.
You are excited about the opportunity to work for Canada's most prestigious business school, working alongside the brightest staff, students and globally-recognized faculty, as well as being a part of the broader Western University community.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and execute School-wide corporate communications and reputation management programs, including web, content, social media and public relations strategies, positioning Ivey as a thought leader including research and knowledge dissemination.
- Develop and implement key internal communications programs, and support the Dean's Office with advice and counsel on communications best practices, and the development of presentations, remarks and other communication as needed.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of corporate communications operations, including project and workload planning, editorial and content planning, creative and news story writing, and content development including video and photo production.
- Develop, coach, train and mentor a team of communications professionals to deliver a high level of excellence and communications best practices.
- Support Ivey's Research Centres and Institutes by advising on communications planning and execution best practices; providing consult on suitable vendors, ensuring agency partners are meeting expectations, and coaching communication staff in various area groups.
- Manage budgets for content development and key projects such as Annual Reports and special publications.
- Oversee the creative and strategic development of Communications and PR print, web and video content to ensure it supports the Ivey brand, is of high quality, and is consistent in terms of messaging, style, and tone.
- Develop and oversee special communications projects, as assigned, including corporate communications, speech writing, internal communications, corporate events, corporate videos, social media campaigns, stakeholder communications, newsletters, and presentations.
- Initiate new communications programs that enhance the School's strategic objectives and support Ivey's position as a thought leader, and continuously enhance the Communication team's ability to respond to market needs.
- Support the Executive Director on effective issues management, including timely action and communications precision.
- Maintain relationships with all stakeholder groups including faculty, staff, students, Research Centres and Institutes, and departments (such as Advancement, Programs, Dean's Office, and EdTech) to develop and implement proactive communications plans and initiatives that support an integrated internal and external communications strategy for the School.
- Oversee the development, tracking and reporting on metrics for corporate communications programs and content performance.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
Required Education and Experience:
University Degree, and a minimum of seven years' experience leading communications, marketing, social media, or public relations teams required
Skills, Attributes and Knowledge Required:
- Strong executive communications skills and experience required
- Strong business, social media, and digital acumen required
- Social-first communications mindset and commitment to prioritizing audience needs
- Proven success leveraging data and analytics to build and optimize audience experiences and communications processes
- Experience leveraging earned media to effectively drive business objectives, and ability to converge media towards a cohesive and purposeful narrative
- Ability to think and work at a fast pace, balancing execution against strategy, with flexibility to adapt to new opportunities
- Excellent planning, project management and organization skills, including the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated success coaching and developing others, and motivating teams towards common goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to build effective relationships
- Demonstrated ability to influence desired outcomes across all levels of an organization
- Exceptional judgement and ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality
Location: Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
Position Type: This is a full-time (35 hours/week) 3-year renewable contract, with full benefits.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Are you excited about the opportunity to reach your full potential through a career at Ivey? Tell us why and submit your application today! Note: Application will close July 10, 2020.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.