Hackergal is looking for a Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our small but mighty team! The Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator will work closely with Hackergal's education and partnerships team to amplify Hackergal's brand and drive awareness and engagement to our programs. She/he/they will be responsible for coordinating and executing communications and digital media projects. In this role, the Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator will have the opportunity to work with like-minded community partners, government, and public/private stakeholders focusing on the following:
- Design, plan and implement digital marketing campaigns and communications such as email marketing to drive awareness and interest in Hackergal's programs, special projects, and/or events.
- Plan and carry out the delivery and content for social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Measure impact and effectiveness of campaigns through statistical analysis, insights and reporting across social media channels.
- Support with copywriting for blog, website and other communication projects.
- Develop cross-promotional online initiatives to deliver high-impact marketing and communication for Hackergal's educational programs and partner relations.
- Evaluate and maintain up-to-date media coverage, online analytics, social media, event attendance and other metrics to track performance and conversions as needed.
- Develop media releases, speeches, key messages, media pitches and public reports as needed.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE IS:
- Passionate about changing the technology landscape in Canada and encouraging more young women in computer science.
- Mission-driven and excited to engage with partners, donors, and community organizations to align on related goals and objectives.
- Experienced in communications, social media, and stakeholder relationships, preferably in a not-for-profit or agency environment.
- Experienced with Google Analytics, WordPress, and MailChimp
- A self-starter, detail and task-oriented, highly organized, with a results-oriented attitude.
- Comfortable both leading and taking direction and can prioritize multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of setting goals while upkeeping strategy and plan with all required information/data.
- Bilingual (French-English) is an asset, but not required.
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- A friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Work from home (full-time indefinitely)
- Professional development opportunities
- 2-week shutdown in December
Hackergal is a charitable organization introducing middle school girls across Canada to computer science through various programming related to technology and primarily hackathons. Hackergal partners with the education system across Canada
Hackergal is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous peoples, Black and other racialized people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people with intersectional identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via Isarta.