Communication System Technician-TAME-CAED02310969
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
If you're ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Communication Technician in Edmonton, Alberta.
As Communication Technician you will provide field support for installation, test, repairs, operation, and/or maintenance of Communications and Signaling equipment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Perform a variety of communications, signaling commissioning assignments such as installation, test, operation and maintenance of equipment;
- Investigate the causes of electromechanical equipment/subsystem failures and develops repair solutions or contact vendor for warranty service;
- Ensure the availability and working condition of all requested tools/devices/equipment to facilitate the T&C activities in the workshop;
- Ensure correctness of interfaces and communications between devices as part of commissioning of equipment;
- Assure the calibration of testing tools/devices used in all activities.
- Technician diploma and/or certificate in electrical or electronics engineering disciplines, specialization in communications preferable;
- Solid hands-on experience on electro-mechanical equipment and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and networking;
- Knowledge in electrical system and application.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Field Services
Primary Location: CA-AB-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Unposting Date: 23.07.2020, 11:59:00 PM