The purpose of the Recycling Equipment Sales Representative role is to develop sales opportunities with both current and new potential customers through site visits, telephone, email and other correspondence. This includes complete responsibility for sales activities and the development of our customer base in Canada. The majority of the time will be spent with customers in Southern Ontario, but may include travel to the other regions as well.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Expands account opportunities by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone and email inquiries; verifying and entering information in CRM software (Customer Relationship Management).
- Fills orders by transferring orders to purchasing; communicating expected delivery date and providing a primary support contact for the customer throughout the delivery and commissioning process.
- Updates industry and product knowledge by studying product specifications, industry publications and participating in educational opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, driven and capable of prospecting for new clients and sales opportunities. You will be capable of developing a quick understanding of a potential customer's operations across a variety of industries and identify the sales opportunities within. You should be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with an expanding customer base.
A proven track record in industrial equipment sales would be an asset, however we are open to training an individual who has the traits and motivation to be successful.
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in equipment sales would be an asset
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business is an asset (balers, shredders, dust collectors, material handling)
- Strong technical aptitude
- Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative problem-solving and adaptive approaches. Must have reliable vehicle for local travel.
We offer a competitive compensation package which will consist of a base salary and a commission based component, a comprehensive benefit offering and reimbursement for vehicle/travel expenses.
Kernic Systems has been a leading North American provider of recycling equipment solutions since 1978. Today we serve our customers with an expanded offering of standard product and custom-engineered solutions through our three primary business divisions: Recycling Equipment, Air Conveying and Dust Collection Systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)
Join the Kernic Team
Kernic Systems is open to receiving resumes from qualified candidates. Please email resumes via Isarta