BCIT's Marketing Management department within the School of Business + Media offers a range of programs in the areas of tourism management, professional sales, marketing communications, entrepreneurship and professional real estate.
We are currently seeking a temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) Faculty member to prepare, deliver and administer an introductory marketing course to students in other programs in the School.
Ideal candidates thrive in a collaborative and collegial working environment; have a breadth and depth of subject matter expertise and current and extensive industry experience in marketing communications. They must be able to demonstrate use of online platforms to deliver training and educational content. The incumbent must also be able to adapt a standardized course to meet the needs of learners in diverse programs from outside of our department; learners who have varying experience studying in English and different abilities to use technology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applicants with teaching experience and industry expertise in the following range of instructional areas will be given preference:
- MKTG 1102
- Essentials of Marketing
The successful applicant must have a strong commitment to teaching and interacting with students, an ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and interest in developing and delivering quality curriculum, and experience with online delivery, as all fall marketing management courses will be delivered online.
- Diploma or degree in a related discipline, bachelor degree and/or master's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years' experience working in marketing communications.
- Minimum of three post-secondary teaching experience in marketing, with online delivery an asset.
- Demonstrated industry success and appropriate and current experience and skills in the instructional areas noted above.
- Flexible, creative and enthusiastic presentation approach and ability to deliver interactive and experiential sessions.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated teamwork abilities in a collaborative working environment.
- Provincial Instructor Diploma an asset.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
$53,566 to $93,828 per annum.
Additional Salary Information
Salary prorated based on percentage and term of appointment. Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
SoB Marketing Management
BCIT Faculty and Staff Association (FSA)
Number of Vacancies