Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
Rosewood Hotel Georgia is looking for a Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for contacting and soliciting accounts that yield maximum revenues and profits for the hotel. Self-motivated individual who is organized and able to set and achieve goals for themselves and their team. Experienced and knowledgeable in group segments, business transient / corporate segment, travel agents and local luxury leisure segment will be considered an asset.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Solicit, qualify and manage accounts in assigned territory representing Rosewood Hotel Georgia.
- Conduct a weekly quota of sales calls on key and prospect accounts, outside sales calls and site inspections as deemed appropriate by Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain and further develop accounts. Prioritize accounts while identifying core accounts and those contributing to need periods.
- Contribute to the attainment of the room revenue budget and total hotel budget.
- Represent property at appropriate travel industry trade shows and conferences while adhering to the guidelines of the marketing plan and budget.
- Participates in industry and civic organizations and all local community functions representing sales opportunities for the hotel.
- Conducts hotel tours and entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with the company and property policies.
- Assists the Director of Sales & Marketing in the preparation of the department budget and overall sales objectives and strategies of the hotel.
- Fulfill assignments on the annual action plan and travel calendar.
- Maintain a respectful working relationship with on-property associates and facilitate flow of communication. Operate in a manner of teamwork with the Regional Sales Office colleagues, corporate office and sister hotels.
- Organize promotional events in the region with Director of Sales & Marketing and/ or Managing Director present.
- Solicit, organize and participate in familiarization trips from key client base.
- Maintain active participatory role in meetings (i.e., sales meeting, forecast meeting).
- Ensure current and prospective client databases are maintained, that files are kept current and accessible.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly reports to Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Coordination and preparation of office expenses related to executive travel and resort visits, events and sales presentations.
- Provide feedback and market information to Director of Sales & Marketing on changing market conditions, including trends on the competition, as a result of interaction with clients, guests and competitive hotel staff.
- Maintain all contact, account, activities and booking information in property database as per resort/corporate standards.
- Work closely with Operations Department to deliver optimum service.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum three to five years of managing experience in the hospitality industry. Minimum two years' experience as a Sales Manager, luxury or ultra-luxury environment preferred.
- Experience with group sales, luxury leisure segment, corporate accounts / business transient segment
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business, Sales, Marketing or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and discussing technical information to establish rapport and/or influence and gain understanding of others; knowledge of hotel/resort operations management to include quality, operations; knowledge of and experience with luxury/ultra-luxury market niche required; demonstrated knowledge of hospitality systems and software; understanding of hospitality industry trends, performance metrics and verbiage.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- We encourage personal and professional growth. Continue the Rosewood Journey through global talent development opportunities.
ABOUT ROSEWOOD HOTEL GEORGIA
Following its debut in the Roaring '20s, the legendary Hotel Georgia came to be known as Vancouver's most historic and elegant retreat. When it first welcomed guests in 1927, the hotel brought unheard of luxuries to the young city of Vancouver and Canada's West Coast. And it wasn't just the local society set that made the hotel the heart of Vancouver; Louis Armstrong, Ginger Rogers, Frank Sinatra, Laurence Olivier, the Rolling Stones and the Prince of Wales all added to the mystique of this irreplaceable piece of history.
Now unveiled as Rosewood Hotel Georgia, the fully restored Georgian Revival property has returned to its former grandeur with additional elegance afforded by extensive amenities and the impeccable service of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. From the painstaking restoration of Old World craftsmanship to the addition of the most luxurious furnishings and latest technology, Rosewood Hotel Georgia offers an unmatched combination of legacy and luxury
- a return to the golden age of hotel travel.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rosewood-hotels-&-resorts/