Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
Job Level NV-11
This position is within a division of the Desjardins Group called Collabria.
Collabria Financial is a Canadian credit card issuer offering customized card programs for Canadian credit unions, serving their consumer and commercial members. Collabria is a payment solutions provider created expressly to help credit unions gain the benefits of increased operational control and improved member relationships.
At its core, what sets Collabria apart is its foundation in partnership, collaboration and responsiveness.
We seek an individual who is organized, that will be able to multi-task and be receptive to challenges.
As Senior Strategic Communications Advisor you will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. You will develop, manage and execute Collabria's internal communications and stakeholder engagement strategy. You are a brand champion and skilled strategic communicator who will work with all areas of the organization, including senior level executives, to ensure that all internal stakeholders (i.e. employees, shareholders, the Board) and external stakeholders (credit unions, National Advisory Committee, partners and vendors) are properly informed and engaged, thereby maximizing the execution and adoption of projects, policies and programs to support our strategic plan.
You have a strong financial services background, outstanding interpersonal and relationship skills and are able to work effectively and efficiently in a cross-functional organization. You are a master of communicating complex issues in a way that is clear, relevant and compelling for all audiences, including boards, management, employees and our clients.
You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives involving the drafting of texts that represent the organization's position. You help develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
- Design and develop Collabria's internal communications and stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Develop and execute an integrated cross-functional stakeholder communication plan.
- Develop internal and external communications (e. Board, Executive, and National Advisory reports, credit union and employee communications) that are clear, relevant and compelling for all audiences.
- Serve as an expert advisor and subject matter expert for senior management.
- Lead specialized development projects, initiatives and activities that significantly impact the entire organization
- Advise partners, the business sector, other support functions and the credit union network to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives. Support your unit's strategic projects and initiatives by developing and updating policies, standards, models, programs and recommendations regarding Collabria brand optimization.
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before senior management committees and decision-making bodies
- Represent and negotiate on behalf of Collabria and enter the organization into agreements with external partners and organizations
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, in Business Management or in a related field
- A minimum of eight years communication and stakeholder engagement experience, preferably in the credit card industry
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Strong communication skills in both French and English, both oral and written (an asset)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management knowledge
Desjardins Cross-sector skills Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job Business insight, Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy, Organizational savvy, Strategic mindset
Work Location 1414 8th Street SW Calgary
Trade Union Non Syndiqué
Unposting Date 2020-07-21
Job Family Communications (FG)