Senior Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications
The Senior Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications will bring newly identified digital capabilities to life in support of content and brand strategies across internal (intranet) and external digital channels for OTPP.
You will lead all aspects of the implementation of critical digital capabilities in partnership with Investments, Member Services, Corp Communications and P&C. Additionally, support the development of content strategies across paid, owned and earned media, that are optimized for search (SEO and SEM). This role will also provide governance oversight on all digital channels to support OTPP business objectives and brand.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will collaborate with senior and executive partners across the organization to implement digital solutions driven off of the Digital Capabilities Roadmap on an org wide basis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead multiple initiatives ranging from technology implementation, to strategy projects with the capacity to work with and influence cross-functional areas, including other lines of business
- Work closely with EOD, IT and Marketing and Communications to define business requirements for evaluation, acquisition, implementation and integration of digital capabilities
- Lead and maintain always-on seamless, omni-channel experiences including management of SEO and SEM, continually improving website performance and defining analytics and reporting dashboards across channels
- Support and define sets of digital key performance indicators (critical metrics) for internal and external communications, and develop and manage dashboards reflecting progress toward each critical metric
- Support platform strategies across web sites/applications, including otpp.com, ON TEN, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and also includes integration with Member Services web team.
- Lead all aspects of the development of social listening dashboards and socialization and partner with External Communications team to develop a social media strategy.
- Advise, implement and operationalize policies for digital around privacy, accessibility and information security.
- Maintain governance (guidelines, policies, processes) for shared digital properties to ensure ongoing integrity of the properties
- Lead team of digital specialists, over time who will drive standard methodologies in digital channel capabilities, such as SEO/SEM, content strategies and social listening.
- Lead the organization's internal and external corporate online presence and capabilities. Provide strategic advice and content strategy expertise and mentor colleagues on the design, architecture and maintenance of digital to support Ontario Teachers' business objectives.
- Establish strong working relationships with business partners including IT/EOD, Legal, Privacy, InfoSec, Member Services Digital, as well as other constituents in order to provide thought leadership and gain consensus amount colleagues, partners and executives.
- Initiate independently or with the help of EOD, projects with vendors and establish master service agreements and statement of works.
- Provide advice on overall digital budget for the department.
- You will have autonomous decision making in relation to driving content strategy recommendations and will partner with Communications teams to execute the strategies.
- Oversight of direct reports, around digital strategies, capabilities and will guide external agencies and consultants in the execution of strategies and project achievements.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- D egree in Marketing, and or Communications
- Proficient communication skills in written and spoken English
- Content strategy development including SEO and SEM, social media listening and monitoring tools (Hootsuite, Sysomos), Responsive Web Design and Mobile-first Design, Web Accessibility (WAI-ARIA, AODA).
- Proficient with analytics tools (e.g. Google analytics, Adobe analytics) and statistical data manipulation techniques
- Understanding of API management and authoring, Agile methodology, UI and UX methodologies, A/B, multivariate and usability testing
- Evaluation and use of Web content management, social media, marketing automation, digital media and search engine optimization platforms
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of user-centered design, information architecture and usability and employs practical skills, techniques and strategies for their application
- Ability to assess user needs and support these in design solutions
- Effectively communicate at the appropriate level (technical or business) for the audience and be able to explain technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to explain designs and interactions to partners and project team members
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate meetings as the need arises
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 7+ years of digital design, digital marketing, digital media and analytics and development
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with B2B and B2C social media and leading digital teams and outside resources and agencies
- Experience within the financial industry and have solid understanding of Teachers' Pension Act, policies and procedures, and other relevant legislation
- Expertise in managing sophisticated communications project planning and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on projects in fast-paced, results driven environment
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources
- from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations , we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
HOW TO APPLY
You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of the recruitment process. This will take no longer than 10 minutes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Functional Area: Legal & Corporate Affairs
Requisition ID: 2866
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.