Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Partner Channel Marketing Manager for Channel Incentives and Investments (PCMM-CI) role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization. This role will enable partner transformation by leveraging worldwide partner incentives and investments, landing a diverse set of incentives and investments to a broad ecosystem to support Microsoft's business priorities and opportunities. This role is responsible for feedback to the worldwide incentives and investments team to optimize partner funds for growth and transformation. The role is also responsible for landing partner incentives and investments and managing key partner relationships to ensure plans are communicated and managed internally and externally within the Microsoft field.
Come be part of a team that believes in the power of partnership. Partners make more possible and Microsoft has the products and programs to meet partner's needs. We combine the widest range of products in the industry, across a variety of devices and platforms with the flexibility to choose the programs and benefits necessary for your partners to build, go-to-market, and sell with us. As a Microsoft PCMM-CI, you will work to optimize and manage partner investments and incentives to support the Microsoft OCP business priorities.
Job Responsibilities include:
Optimize and manage the local incentives budget and build local partner investment principles to support business priorities
- Accelerate outcomes of strategic partnerships with smart investments to drive predictable and profitable partner performance
- Structure the best possible deals supporting partner investment strategy and business outcomes
Share best practices, lessons learned and feedback with the worldwide partner investments and incentives community for growth and transformation
- Participate in weekly partner investment and incentives lead calls
- Review and provide feedback to Microsoft headquarters regarding incentives design
- Provide inputs and feedback to Microsoft headquarters Partner Investment Council
Land incentives and investments strategy and manage key partner relationships to ensure plans are communicated and managed both internally and externally
- Understand and communicate impact of investment and incentives changes to internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with global Microsoft incentives operations team to continuously improve partner sentiment through increasing support satisfaction and faster query resolution
- Support Microsoft headquarters incentives and global campaigns evangelism through readiness and landing for local partners
- Review incentive and investment results in local Partner Investment Councils
Embrace the learning culture prioritizing time for learning & personal career development. Leverage technical and industry expertise to become a thought leader and trusted advisor to your partners
- Use internal and external learning resources to build expertise, enabling business value and solution driven conversations with your partners
- Complete all required Microsoft professional and technical trainings
Experiences Required: education, key experiences, skills and knowledge.
- 8+ years of experience in channel marketing our outbound marketing, partner channel development, business development, alliance management, through partner marketing in the technology industry
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative
- driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Exceptional leadership skills in driving complex, broad cross-functional engagements
- Adept at getting things done, and performing amidst ambiguity and complexity
- Exemplary communication skills, written and oral, to a broad set of internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership within Microsoft and beyond. Ability to build effective relationships with field sales, partners and customers
- The ideal candidate will have strong skills in analytical modeling and frameworks as well as experience in driving long term strategies. Confidence, composure and the comfort in presenting to senior executives is critical
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners
Bachelor's degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.