WHO WE ARE:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a leading community hospital with two sites
- Markham and Uxbridge sites and our new Reactivation Care Centre that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
- You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
- You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
- You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
- You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
- You encompass MSH's core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
WHAT WE NEED:
As a communications clerk you will operate a Mitel console, and various types of communication equipment such as paging and locating systems. A key responsibility is to respond to and act upon the communication needs for emergency codes and provide a positive customer experience to everyone you deal with.
The successful candidate will be required to work days, evenings and nights Monday through Sunday, 4 and 8 hour shifts. Please note schedules may change based on operational needs.
BAND T: $23.14
- $26.03 per hour
WHAT YOU BRING TO MSH:
- Working knowledge of a variety of communication systems
- Proven well-developed customer service skills
- Courteous and professional telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills; working in a computerized environment would be an asset
- Ability to work independently, with proven decision making skills
- Ability to work well under stress Demonstrated
- Good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.