Under the authority of the Operations and Maintenance Plant General Manager, the individual will be responsible for promoting and informing stakeholders about a historic and innovative energy network conversion project in Canada's National Capital Region. As such, the individual will act as the project spokesperson and shall be responsible for any public communications, particularly media communications, related to the project. This includes establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders such as our partners, building occupants, media, community and public interest groups.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with the General Manager and collaborate on strategic planning;
- Act as project spokesperson and respond to requests for information from the media or stakeholders;
- Implement and update existing Communications plans to maintain favourable public and internal stakeholders' views of the project and its objectives;
- Coordinate and participate in the production of promotional and support material and other communications tools in accordance with production timelines;
- Participate in the distribution of quality content on different digital platforms (social media, the project website, etc.);
- Plan and organize events (press conferences, public consultations, townhall meetings, etc.);
- Establish and maintain relationships with media and local stakeholders;
- Write press releases and other media communications in both official languages;
- Liaise with and support government representatives on technical aspects of the project and other communications initiatives;
- Oversee archiving of communication activities in the database tracking system.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, public relations, media relations or related field;
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Bilingualism is required (English and French, written and spoken);
- Experience handling a press conference, liaising with media and organizing public consultations;
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically;
- Understanding and experience working with social media.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth;
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation;
- A diverse workplace regarding gender, age and cultural background;
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.