WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Enterprise Architecture is undergoing multiple, complex enterprise-wide initiatives as part of RBC's ongoing plan to drive reuse, improve technology management, and streamline architectural governance across the organization. The communications and change manager will be responsible for organizational change management including communications, creating presentation material, executive and stakeholder management, manage operating cadences, planning events, and ensuring EA initiatives are rolled out successfully and effectively.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop, refine, and evolve a multi-channel communications strategy for Enterprise Architecture
- Develop, refine, and evolve the Enterprise Architecture brand and that of its various sub-groups and initiatives through the creation of visual materials, logos, presentations, and more
- Develop and execute on end-to-end change management plans
- Contribute to strategy development for Architecture Enablement, Application and Technology Catalogs, and Digital Accessibility & Accommodation teams
- Develop and evolve stakeholder relationships from across the federated architecture community, as well as across Technology & Operations (T&O)
- Collaborate and contribute to various cross-functional initiatives (e.g. solution governance, technology management) and manage the effective implementation of assigned deliverables
- Manage Enterprise Architecture Office operations, which includes:
- Facilitation of the Architecture Learning Council
- EA's information sharing collective
- Facilitation of the Enterprise Architecture University
- EA's skill-building educational initiative
- Facilitation of the Enterprise Architecture Board
- the most senior architecture review board and architectural strategy discussion forum at RBC
- Creation and collation of monthly reporting for senior management
- Programming and execution for Town Halls and All Hands
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Writing coupled with three years of experience in change management, communications, or a related field or a related field
- Portfolio of past design work with demonstrated written work along with presentation and creative skills, with an emphasis on visual literacy
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, with a proven ability to manage and evolve stakeholder relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) as well as Confluence and Jira to administer boards and spaces and produce documentation and communications materials including, but not limited to: charters, business process diagrams, HTML-formatted emails, presentations, user guides, job aids, communications plans, and change management plans
- A strong understanding of technology and/or financial services industry
Nice to have:
- Experience in requirements planning and prioritization, including stakeholder analysis and effort estimation
- Prior copy-editing experience and design experience is an asset
- Proficiency with Intranet Portals (e.g. making / maintaining pages, writing blogs, creating events etc.)
- Proficiency with some of all of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) or equivalent design software
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs