Requisition ID: 87747
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As member of the Corporate Communications team, the Manager, Communications
- Sustainable Business & The Scotiabank Women Initiative, plans, develops and delivers effective communication strategies to assist in the execution of the Bank's sustainable business and The Scotiabank Women Initiative programs. Key responsibilities include driving employee engagement and external communications for the portfolio.
- As needed, the successful candidate may also be asked to support the team with communications projects related to the Bank's philanthropy and sponsorship portfolios. (Philanthropy: Donations / Sponsorships: Arts, Hockey and Marathons)
- with both an internal and external focus.
- Assist in the development and execution of internal and external communication strategies and tactics, including positioning and key message development, stakeholder analysis, and coordination with other communication partners to advance strategic priorities and drive stakeholder engagement
- Sourcing and developing content for the Scotiabank newsroom
- Engagement with media and management of agency partners
- Issues management
- Work with cross-enterprise teams and departments to help amplify bank-wide messaging
- Plan and provide logistical support for internal events
- Manage project communications through internal and external communications channels
NECESSARY SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong curiosity, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and work well independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of related media landscape and proven relationships with influential media
- Proven ability to build and maintain business relationships, including those with senior-level employees and executives
- Problem solving/issues management experience
- Must possess a flexible mindset and be comfortable working in fast paced/deadline-driven environment
- Strong event and project management skills
EDUCATION / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Five to seven years of communications experience, preferably within a multi-national or global organization and across different creative mediums, including digital, video and social
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications or equivalent in a related discipline (English, Business)
- Experience and knowledge of the ESG landscape is an asset
- PR/marketing agency experience is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.