WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The PH&N Fall Co-op Intern is a junior member of the PH&N Institutional Communications team, based in Vancouver from August 31 through to the end of December 2020. This Intern will compile and disseminate data to support client service and business development targeting institutional investors. The ideal candidate has an excellent command of MS Office, a flair for data and numbers, as well as strong interpersonal skills, and an interest in capital markets. Most importantly, you are enthusiastic, client-service oriented, and you have keen attention to detail.
PH&N Institutional is the institutional asset management business in Canada of RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM). We manage over $100 billion in assets on behalf of Canadian organizations including companies, governments, unions, institutions, not-for-profit organizations, family offices, and Aboriginal communities.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Support teammates in delivering high quality, accurate data within short timelines.
- Assist with updating and proofing regular publications, and the PH&N Institutional profile on third-party databases.
- Respond to ad hoc data-related questions from internal stakeholders.
- Maintain/update the PH&N Student Intern guidelines.
- Data-related duties and projects as they arise.
- Collaborate and work hard in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn and contribute
- Enthusiasm for data accuracy and relevance
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel especially, as well as PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to repurpose data and content for a specific audience or purpose
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, including writing, as demonstrated in your cover letter which must be submitted with your resume.
- Experience working with data related to the investment industry
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) system, preferably Salesforce
- Canadian Securities Course or CFA Investment Foundations Certificate
- French language skills (comprehension and writing)
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Job experience: Challenging work with a variety of assignments
- Connections: Collegial work environment with strong culture of engagement
- Prestige: Two strong brands
- RBC and PH&N Institutional
Mentorship: Management and colleagues who support your work and progression