Located in the beautiful, sunny Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Bylands Nurseries Ltd. is a producer of premium plants offering one of the most diverse and complete mixes of hardy plants available in North America. Bylands team members come together with the common vision of ?enhancing lives with plants? and grow 4 million+ plants annually. Over the past 60 years, Bylands has been recognized with numerous industry awards for outstanding business practices and environmental stewardship.
Our Culture of Excellence supports our Vision (Enhancing Lives With Plants). We are a cohesive team that communicates enthusiastically, brainstorming solutions and helping each other. We take ownership & accountability for decisions, approaching each day with empowerment to seek continuous growth. We prioritize the customer & the service we provide to them.
As our Fruit Tree Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for dealing directly with orchardists & coordinating the sales of fruit trees to farms across Canada.
- Build & maintain relationships with clients & industry partners
- Research, develop awareness of market trends
- Provide sales reports & participate in production planning
- Seek new sales opportunities: new products & markets
- Attend industry events & trade shows (BC, ON, NS, WA)
- Spring Season:
- Arrange shipping dates with customers
- Communicate with Operations Manager & gathering team to ensure schedule is full yet manageable
- Ensure payment has been received prior to shipping
- Resolve claims & credit issues with customers
The highest priority for this role is servicing our customer, so that is the only experience you need. Experience in the fruit tree industry is great but not necessary.
Some of the competencies you will need are:
- Adaptability (includes handling high-pressure)
- Analytical Ability
- Attention to Detail / Organization
- Negotiation / Persuasiveness
- Problem Solving
- Sense of Urgency
The competitive salary range for this position is $22
- $25/hr (overtime & sales incentive available).
We also offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan @ 3 months
- RRSP @ 6 months with company match
- Staff discount on our gorgeous product!
This position is contract with the potential to become permanent.