Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers
- and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Target Openings 1
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assists with coordination and execution of various activities in support of the communications departments' objectives and priorities. Responsible for both external communications, which includes corporate social responsibility and community relations, media relations, social media, and internal communications, which includes editorial creation, management and deployment of employee content for intranet. This role does not manage others.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the coordination of general communications department activities to ensure that internal and external stakeholders' requirements are met.
- Corporate Social Responsibility donation execution and community relations with charities.
- Media monitoring and tracking, generating media reports.
- Coordinate media interviews.
- Execute social media content (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Partners closely in a cross-functional and collaborative work environment to coordinate, develop, and publish Intranet content (on TeamSite's platform).
- Assist with a variety of digital campaigns.
- Create/update internal communications templates.
- Document processes for Corporate Communications handbook.
- Design and develop action plans and support materials; create content for internal and external strategic communications, including executive road-shows, monthly updates, stakeholder engagements, specific business change updates, town halls, etc.
- Handles complex administrative assignments of a broad and varied nature to relieve senior management of routine administrative details.
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment in facilitating overall department operations.
- Directs the activities of other support staff as necessary.
- Coordinates inter-departmental or department-wide administrative events, projects, such as broad communications, overseeing internal/external services purchased, developing and implementing department/business unit guidelines for operating policies and procedures.
- Complex scheduling; typically involves internal, external, and department-wide scheduling and travel planning.
- Prepares and submits expense accounts and other type expenses as required.
- Calls for frequent problem solving with internal and external staff. Utilizes basic change management skills.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 2 years' experience of demonstrated effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
JOB SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated ability to interact with large groups and individuals at all work levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- Intermediate organization skills.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Digital aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.