The Communications Manager leads the planning and execution of all communications programs supporting Sienna's Shared Services Office and Executive leadership team with the overall objective of building our organizational culture and driving engagement among team members. This includes overseeing day-to-day management of content for Sienna's intranet and Team App platforms, internal Town Hall planning, and CEO, Executive and Leader communication. The Manager will be responsible for building relationships with functional and operational leaders across the organization in order to understand and support their communications needs.
As a Communications Manager, your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Develop and execute strategic communications programs that are engaging, creative and informative with a focus on team members
- Develop close relationships with the functional and operational leaders to understand communication opportunities and plan appropriately
- Provide ongoing support to the CEO and Executive leaders with communications that will engage the broader Sienna team including blogs, videos, town hall meetings and more
- Work with the People & Culture team to support strong communication among team members and help build a culture of engaged company ambassadors
- Oversee team content for communications platforms including the intranet and new Team App, ensuring a continuous flow of meaningful and engaging content
- Be the storyteller by uncovering the inspiring, motivating stories that add meaning to our team's every day work life
- Work with the External Communications team to manage cross-channel communication where appropriate for certain messages, stories, etc.
- Work with the Manager of Stakeholder Relations to support Executive communication as part of external activities such as provincial tours
- Work with the Manager, LTC/RET Communications to ensure consistent messaging where needed, between residences and team
- Write, edit and proofread all communications that are shared with team members with an eye on both detail and inspiration
- Explore creative and innovative new ways to communicate among team members including new technologies, media and processes
- Help establish the Communications Team as a centre of excellence and source of support for our leadership and team members
- 7-10 years' experience working in a communications role in corporate, public or agency
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in public relations, communications or a related field
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong technology skills, with specific understanding of Office 365, SharePoint, Team Rooms, Zoom and social media
- Attention to detail, well-organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Healthcare, Long-term Care or other related industry experience is an asset
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.