Your role will be vital in the team's efforts to build a world-class marketing and communications department. You combine art and technology to create engaging and on brand assets. You are a visual storyteller with a passion for your craft and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. You are innovative, deadline driven and dedicated to delivering excellent work. Our ideal candidate has a substantial portfolio of successful campaigns and is proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Work samples must be submitted for your application to be considered.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create and design various materials for print, website, and digital collateral
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Experience with a wide range of media
- Collaborate with internal clients to create marketing-related material.
- Develop design briefs when required
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Work with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD), Adobe Creative Suite, and keep up to date with emerging technologies
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contribute to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The following criteria outline the complementary knowledge and mindset you'll bring to our team:
- Advanced IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional approach to scheduling, costs and deadlines
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mock-ups, web design and multimedia presentation
- Extensive experience with WordPress
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- 8 + years in professional commercial design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to absorb and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Have an active interest in art/design and passionate about the work you deliver
- Degree in design, graphic arts
Nice to have:
- Photography skills
Who We Are
The Marketing and Communications group at 1QBit works to deliver creative and innovative marketing and communication programs. We are small but mighty and value creativity, ingenuity, and a drive for excellence.
1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.