Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary Min: $41.95
Temp Duration: approx 12 months
We're looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can't do without, yet we're growing as fast as ever.
You may think we're your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we're also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You'll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let's rethink energy together. Position Overview
Are you full of ?energy? when it comes to being creative and innovative?
Are you an adaptable self-starter with a business and sales oriented-mindset?
Are you a master communicator and storyteller with a natural ability to connect with people?
If so, look no further! We want to hear from you! We're looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. As part of our Energy Solutions team, you'll join a diverse team of employees we can't do without!
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. Let's rethink energy together.
As our Product and Services Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for leading, developing and implementing marketing strategies for gas products and services aimed to educate and generate knowledge about the company's products and services to attract and retain customers. You'll also develop tactics for communication, marketing campaigns, education and outreach programs and sales tools to meet long term customer growth and retention targets in the natural gas residential and commercial customer market segments, all while keeping safety to of mind. In this role, you will:
- Lead, develop and implement marketing campaigns geared towards educating customers to generate knowledge about the company's products and services.
- Focus on long term customer growth and retention using marketing strategies in the residential and commercial customer market segments to contribute to the department's goals and objectives.
- Develop communication and marketing plans along with a channel strategy for existing and new products and services to achieve the department's goals and support the sales team in growing sales opportunities to attach new natural gas customers and grow the customer base.
- Act as a project manager to execute communications and marketing tactics under the overall marketing strategy, along with monitoring costs and budgets, timelines, resources and measuring outcomes.
- Manage internal and external resources on related projects and activities.
- Work collaboratively with various groups across the organization to manage the coordination and development of marketing and promotional material, and the successful execution of FortisBC hosted events.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, trades, manufacturers, distributors, associations and other key stakeholders. Collaborate with internal departments to ensure a common understanding of customer growth and retention objectives.
- Supervise and provide coaching to support performance, quality of work, and ongoing training and development of staff. Involved in selecting, orientating and training new employees In year 1, you will:
- Develop and implement a new marketing campaign or expand on existing campaigns
- Expand and grow the existing channel strategy
- Improve and enhance the existing sales tools to grow sales opportunities In year 2, you will:
- Develop a marketing plan and implement new marketing campaigns, education and awareness programs and set key performance indicators
Develop and implement an overarching channel strategy and tactical plans What it takes:
- Prior experience in developing marketing strategies and tactical plans
- Experience in designing promotional campaigns and advancing channel strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative strategies, initiate and champion projects, manage resources, obtain buy-in and drive projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to estimate project duration, deliver on time, within budget and manage a high volume workload
- Demonstrated ability to apply quantitative and qualitative research skills in the development of effective and efficient marketing and promotional programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Business development and customer relationship skills along with a sales mindset
- Demonstrated ability to develop, document and implement strategies
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and change
- Knowledge of residential, commercial and industrial energy end-use market segments is an asset
- Knowledge of HVAC and related energy systems is an asset
Computer skills (MS Office suite) Additional Information
To view full job description click here .
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees continue to report to the office while others work remotely. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we'll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You're Applying. What now? page for additional