This role is responsible to manage all marketing and sales activities in his/her assigned territory. This role works closely with the Customer Service team located in Laval, QC who supports job quoting, order entry, inventory confirmation and liaison/sequencing with manufacturing and product shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote company image.
- Monitor customer and end users on an ongoing basis:
- Offer pricing when required
- Keep Royal literature up to date
- Track inventory levels
- Track product use on a project basis
- Follow territory sales plan to meet regional and national sales strategy
- Build relationships with distributors, consulting engineers, municipalities, contractors and developers
- Document supporting information gathered in your territory
- Maintain log books outlining territory contacts
- Gather competitor information and report to Senior Management.
- Identify new opportunities/markets.
- Train customers and end users.
- Gain approval at Municipalities and coordinate with Specification Engineers therein.
- Solve non-technical related problems.
- Develop relationship with customer and end users
- Act a liaison between customer and company, and keep inside sales office informed of pricing and trends.
- Manage territory/expenses and track against budget levels.
- Visit each city every two to three weeks
- Plan to meet: utilities, consulting engineers, contractors, distributors, municipalities
- Prioritize based on forecasted/budgeted sales, price negotiation, upcoming project potential (use Daily Commercial News)
- Targets for developing new contacts should be developed with the Sales Mgr.
- Complete all assigned paperwork on a weekly basis. This includes call reports, C.A.R's, and expense reports.
Education and Experience:
- Skilled in selling techniques (5+ years' experience), knowledgeable in one or more of the waterworks, plumbing and/or electrical supply industries
- Requires tact and empathy to resolve customer concerns in satisfactory fashion
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with customers and co-workers at all levels, i.e. Senior and local customer personnel, Department Managers/Supervisors, Sales Managers. Must be confident public speaker when delivering sales presentations (PowerPoint)
- Must be computer literate with Outlook, MS Word and Excel. Also familiar with up-to-date sales reporting processes
- Requires recognized post-secondary education relevant to sales/marketing. Preference for a recognized business management degree with specialization in sales/marketing