HUB's Customer Service professionals provide critical support to our customers through account management, claims management, day-to-day client oversight, and underwriting services that make us a leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. Through a robust network of resources, you will be amongst some of the industry's top talent to help guide and support our customer's needs and provide them with innovative solutions.
What we offer!
competitive wages with increases for successful completion of training
medical and dental benefits
an education reimbursement program
a corporate culture unlike any other
If you are interested in growing your career, you will are able to see more opportunities across our 80+ branches, in 4 provinces and territories.
The Role: Marketing Underwriter Associate
Provide technical expertise and underwriting support to commercial lines producers in all regions for new and renewal business including all in-house programs and underwriting facilities. Maintain contact with our London markets as well as our insurance companies and understand the appetites and target classes for our key contracts and carriers. Work closely with HUB offices/producers to develop and present the underwriting and marketing information necessary to provide the most comprehensive and competitive terms for new and renewal business.
- Underwrite, negotiate and authorize the acceptance of new business, renewals and endorsements according to authority limits and company standards
- Apply effective pricing and underwriting in accordance to our London contracts and In house programs.
- Participate in delivery of technical training and acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Develop and maintain excellent producer relationships through discussions, correspondence and office visits.
- Offer support to producers in terms of market availability, coverage's available, and interpretations of wordings.
- Work with Producers to develop niche markets and programs and implement same as required.
- Fully understand our existing programs and products.
- Actively participate in commercial lines meetings as required.
- Attend & participate in company meetings as required.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
What you bring to this role:
Ability to adapt to change and take decisive action when necessary
Strategic thinking skills: ability to see the big picture while maintaining focus on daily details
Excellent consultant, influencing and negotiation skills with prior Underwriting Experience
Strong decision making skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, superior customer service skills, excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
WHAT DO WE VALUE? We are looking for those who believe in:
- We encourage innovation and educated risk-tasking
- We do the right thing every time
- We work together to maximize results
- We measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
- We serve our customers, communities and colleagues
If you value what we value, and like the perks along the way
- Apply TODAY !
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if YOU :
are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
have a desire to help others protect their future
have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Your future with HUB:
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement.
HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference. We invite you to learn more about our team at www.hubinternational.com.
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year
- University degree / college diploma considered an asset
- CIP or actively pursuing professional insurance designation
- Minimum 3
- 7 years of related Insurance experience
- Solid understanding and expertise in commercial property and casualty underwriting
- Proficient computer skills
- Level 1 License (or working towards)
- The employment offer is contingent upon completion of a successful background check