Job ID: 5937
Job Category: Communications & Marketing
Division & Section: Public Health, PH Strategy & Preventive Health
Work Location: 277 Victoria Street, 6th Floor, Toronto, ON, M5B 1W2
Job Type & Duration: Permanent
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $43.53
- $47.72, TF0490, Wage Grade 14.
Shift Information: Monday
- Friday, 35 Hours Per Week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Qualified List: Candidate List will be established. For applicability and duration, see below.
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 30-July-2020 to 14-Aug-2020
To design communications strategies and tools to affect positive community health and lifestyle outcomes, using a diverse range of multi-platform health communications and marketing approaches.
- Provides guidance and advice to program managers regarding marketing strategies and promotions
- Conducts risk assessments for all marketing and promotion initiatives and recommends risk mitigation tactics
- Controls all aspects of the campaign/portfolio
- Monitors project process and ensures critical timelines are met
- Ensures all marketing and promotion initiatives meet access and equity standards
- Liaises closely with program managers and staff to design innovative marketing strategies
- Ensures the client is continually apprised of the status of the project, especially milestones and issues
- Ensures that complex public health data and information is appropriately translated into clear and concise language for target audiences and that it conveys the appropriate messaging
- Ensures all necessary components of the campaign/portfolio are delivered on schedule
- Develops clear and innovative content for social marketing
- Leads social media promotions
- Ensures the delivery of marketing and communications products when components of the development are outsourced to the agency of record
- Liaises with external marketing agencies, where appropriate
- Conducts research to maintain current knowledge of industry best practices and new techniques currently used in health marking
- Maintains the integrity of and works to improve the Toronto Public Health brand
- Conducts thorough evaluations of campaigns to determine effectiveness
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- A Baccalaureate degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience in health marketing and communications.
- Considerable experience using social media channels to promote engaging conversations.
- Considerable experience working on digital communications.
- Considerable experience managing large projects or social marketing campaigns.
You must also have:
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform research.
- Ability to interpret complex concepts and translate the information to layman's terms.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.